Monday, May 11, 2020

It happens in Nature, also in dating, perhaps also in Marketing.

The following video that was recorded at the shores of lake Ontario of my dog chasing ducks (2003) brought me to a reflection I never thought before. Most of us go about chasing of what we want in life, our dream, our wants, it could be anything even the partner we want. But what if the best approach is not to chase them?


As you could see while she was chasing ducks they, they went away from her, this was the beginning of the video, but when we call her and she starts to come back , the ducks flip and start to follow her. That observation was amazing to me... What if the answer is not always to be in the pursue, but also to let them pursuing you?



As I did get divorce in 2014, I did start making friends being open to the possibility of perhaps get married again, anyway I have no problem to approaching girls and let them know I find them cute, otherwise how do they suppose to know I like them? But if they don´t reciprocate or show any interest in me I will not keep begging for attention, and that turns well for me...

What about in Marketing ? If you don´t advertise no one will probably notice you. So this is what I am doing here, but I suppose if you don´t see the value in the service I provide as a marketing consultant, I see no point in begging you to be my client, that is why this advertising is here, to educate the client of the value of the service and tell them I would be happy to provide the service (the same as me telling the girl she is cute). But for sure it is no good to have a client that doesn´t see the value of your service.

 Nikki Nelson does a great job explaining that Effective advertising makes people remember your name, that is awesome post I would recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment