Friday, July 30, 2021

Looking for another idiot (fool) like me.

Hashtags: #quality product #excellent quality #marketing. #commitment, #self improvement #good decisions #priority #honesty #hard work #long term results #no shortcuts

I promise to explain why this title - Looking for another idiot (fool) like me - by the end of this post. but I can assure you, it is a true statement coming from me...

Let me start this post by saying why is it related to marketing.

Lets say you have a shitty product and you advertise it, so you can sell more of it. People who would buy it, will discover that is shitty product soon or latter, and probably will never buy it again. Actually, in the future when they see it is from you again (your brand), they will remember the bad experience and probably not buy from you again. So I think it is fair to say that for the cost of your initial advertising, instead of increasing your sales (witch it will in the short term) you will loose that one client almost forever.

At this point you can understand that having high quality products is mandatory if you are expecting to have a long term success. So having a good product comes first, and them you can turn into marketing , so people can find you.

 There is scripture I like to quote (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 88:40): “For intelligence cleaveth unto intelligence; wisdom receiveth wisdom; truth embraceth truth; virtue loveth virtue; light cleaveth unto light;….”

 I believe it was completely true. If you want to deal with honesty people for example, you need to become such a honest person first.

 If you want more than short term sales increase you got to work on the quality of your product first.

 It has being a few years since my divorce in 2014, even thou I admit I was a not a perfect husband, I do believe there was not a reason for this divorce to happen. When I came to cross roads of my own marriage I always try to put the relationship first, it was for example when I did abandoned my dream of living in Canada to come back to Brazil with my wife, but you cannot force someone to stay when they want to go, there was nothing I could do to convince her to stay, and I did try lot of things, now when I look back I don´t regret one second because I don´t need to ask "WHAT IF" I had tried harder, because I did try my best, even foolish things.

In this research no One ever said, they did miss making more Money or staying more time in the Office

The reason we (Mormon Christians –The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) do this is perhaps we know the only thing we can take with us from this life is our relationships if we are faithful to our covenants. (if you want to understand more, watch the video below)

By the other token, we know (there is no faith involve here) we will not take our bank account or any possession with us when we die, I bet you see no one taking any of those thing to carry with then when they die. Also I can point out that money just make our life more comfortable, not happy, it also can enhance whatever we are, if we are bad we will become worse, if we are good, we will become better.

Perhaps you may be wondering who is that girl on the first picture. She was supposed to be my first girlfriend after my divorce. Despiteful all odd I did find a girl who was a Christian in a country where religion is forbid, we did a lot video talk in the past few months, she was a girl who I describe having her heart in the right direction, we did talk a lot about the gospel and she was very cute also, but we did not live in the same city. I thought to myself, one day I will look back and don´t wanna see "WHAT IF" I didn´t have done something to make this relationship possible? I am already in China, the hard part is done already.

So, since it was not possible to move out to her city I took the chance to move to best second option, witch is in Zhengzhou city, where she said she would meet me, and perhaps moved here so we could have a real chance to date. My decision implicate among other things I would not receive the bonus of renewing my contract to the company I was already working for, if that was the price to pay for a chance to make this happen it was not such a high price, specially for someone who beliefs money is not the most important thing in the world, as you read above in this article.

Few weeks later after I moved here in Zhengzhou, when we were video chatting as we usually do, she told me that moving to USA was more important to her than marrying me, I do understand her reasons as she wanted to be free to be a Christian among other things, even after explaining that Brazil was a free country and we could move there was not enough to convince her...


Perhaps this was a suggestion that one day when we face a crossroad in our marriage, she is the girl who will value other things more than a relationship, off course I was a little heart broken, even for a girl I did not even meet in person yet (after all I am human being), but I was free from the future chance of me looking back and ask "WHAT IF" I didn´t have done my part to meet her? I did took chance and got my answer, that I would never know otherwise.

By the way, even thou I was a little heart broken, I understand enough to know that is perfectly fine since I am free to keep pursuing the right one. There is so many good and cute girls here, usually I am the one who is been picky/choosy here, so the last thing I need now is to end up AGAIN with the who is not going to value me.

Maybe the best advantages to be a Christian is to know things will not finished when we die, that allows me to make better decision having the eternal perspective. One of the best illustration I saw, was from Francis Chan (Rope Illustration) 

I hope you can extract good reflection from this post, it does make me think a lot of where am I leading my life to. I know we can always do better, improve ourselves, as well our companies when we strive to put out the best selves out there or the best product possible. What I am trying to say is, perhaps being able to offer one good product is better than two bad ones.

Also I want to say that for most of us who feel we don´t have enough time in day to do everything we need, having a priority can make such a huge difference, if we don´t have time for everything at least we would be working in the most important things. These are not my own word, but from a leading expert on the subject of efficiency, Stephen R. Covey the author of "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" 

The title of this post is because not every one understands my decisions, and perhaps thinks I am a fool, if that is so I rather find another fool like me to marry or stay single forever. Ha ha ha ha!!  Even thou some people get away from doing the wrong things, such as when applying black hat techniques for SEO strategies on their websites, that usually do not go unnoticed for a long time and they get penalized later on. I guess I am trying to say that to do the right think is always better, and it pays off in the end.

In summary, don´t be afraid to work hard, to be honest, to improve the quality of your services and products, to be a better person with a good relationships with everyone, including your customers and clients, the worse thing a company can do is to try to trick their customers or to treat them badly, that is why when a client is satisfied and trust the company it is ten times easier to sell to them again.


I have a little help here if you are thinking on how you can improve your relationship with everyone including your clients, that is a small course on people skills I put together to share what I did learn in the past, please don´t get me wrong, they are just good techniques that will help, but will never be a good substitute to have a good character. Good character attributes like honesty, respect, trust, hard work, patience, fidelity are the foundation to any good relationship, no techniques can work in the long term without a solid good foundation.

 I will required your e-mail to share this course for free with you. My intention of having your e-mail is from time to time to tell you about the books I am publishing in the future, perhaps I will invite you to write a review of the book in exchange of a free copy of my book, in any case you can always unsubscribe to my e-mail listing without a problem. If that sounds good you can click on the next picture to subscribe and have access to the People Skills course I just talked


I invite you to take action and get your FREE copy of the People skills course and share below why do you think it is easier to do business with people you trust and have good relationships with.

No comments:

Post a Comment