Sunday, July 4, 2021

Reciprocity & Recognizing small business!

The title of my post today is not readily easy to get it. So let me explain...

Reciprocity is well known to be one of the persuasion techniques, so if you want something and you first freely give, the other person may feel He or she needs to return the favor. In fact if you did give, for increase your chances to receive back the favor you did not "freely" give anything, the fact is even small gifts can trigger the other person to return the favor by given you back something much more valuable.


If you are giving with the sole purpose to receive it back or in the case of a business only to increase your profits, you are doing it wrong, perhaps you cannot even see lasting results on your actions of given. That is why I always tell my students that they should find a job they enjoy, if they do that they can go to work and draw a lot of a pleasure and their minds would not be always thinking of money. The reality is if you are in such position (doing what you like) money will follow naturally as a consequence. 

Inexplicably helping other people make you feel so good, in itself it is already a very good reward to help other people, so don´t get angry when they don´t return the favor, just do it for the pleasure of helping. Right now I am a University teacher here in china, I am being very friendly to all, specially the students at the university where I live. I had the opportunity to help students in many different ways, sometimes just by listening to their problems and offering some good counsel from someone with more experience. I offer incentive and inspiration to keep pursuing their worthy goals. Sometimes I feel they only need a little incentive, and I have seen how important that is when no one seems to care for what is going on in their lives. 

Another way you can do this online is if you have a audience, you can recognize small business just by referring them in your social media, or blog , it is like a free advertising to them, and will cost you nothing, they may even return the favor. I got this idea here and I like it, very nice article by the way. 

When was the last time you did help someone ? how did you feel? my last time was not too long ago, I did even record the conversation (not on purpose) but you can listen to it in YouTube, it was one of the links above in this post. You just can hear us talking, her identity is protected. 

Please don´t forget to share your experience if  you did help someone, it is always nice and inspiring to read such stories





 

1 comment: